City of Reason
    City of Life
    City of Meaning
    City of Prosecution
    City of Threat
    City of Consciousness
    City of Awakening
    City of Knowledge

Edit: City of Reason is my favorite at the moment... as I can imagine this is a culture that cannot be reasoned with
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 05-30-2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

City of Reason it is - that works well, and is in keeping with their beliefs.

Thanks!

I've been enjoying the summer outdoors the last while. I thought I'd post a closeup of the area I'm trying to name.

The names that are there give an idea of what each city is about, but I'm not really happy with them. I guess I'm wanting a cross between a Medeival and Steampunk Victorian feel.

Any suggestions are welcome.

(And the City of Reason is in there too...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a7a-25000aab.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	15151  

Really like the closeup. My only suggestion/nitpick is that the rivers are hard to see.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Thanks...and they are a bit fluid (pun intended)...I'll leave it to the "local" maps to be more specific.

Just for those interested - BlueHost (where I hosted that huge image) has a limit (unadvertised) of 50000 files / account - though size is irrelevant. Considering it was made up of ~ 21844 tiles, hosting it and a couple of others, despite little access to them, was an issue for them.

I stumbled across the Blue Marble, Next Generation on the Visible Earth website today (http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view_se...ategoryID=2355). This led me to experiment with combining parts of the topographical maps from there and the map I've been working on when I have some spare time and inspiration.

I was pleased with my hours play tonight. I recognize that some of the snow-peaks etc, don't really line up with my underlying texture, but that's something I can work on.

I was just using feathered sections layered down in the "Pin Light" mode...I'm sure there's a better way - so please tell me if there is!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a8.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	18484  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'd say it looks pretty sweet. You're right about the white peaks but otherwise this looks really good.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like it as well...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'll definitely play more with it. I might even dig out my tablet for a bit more control...thanks for the feedback.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast