Well, I've stopped questioning myself or trying to redeem my previously shared map - which has now gone the way of the dodo. The river and mountain issues were too much to correct.

But wait...what is this? Another map has been discovered, this one much more, um true to Abebe, than the former pretender.

I've got the range of climates, land forms, etc, that I want, and am pleased with placement. And the rivers work out, for me anyway, in a satisfactory way. AND I can still fix the rivers if I need to, though with my map's art style, I'm comfortable with the ambiguity that sometimes exists in a few instances.

I've placed cities around the map now, and am setting up numbers (wow - I placed a lot of cities!) so that I can work on a naming/history project next. The cities are the little red dots (you have to really zoom in), and the only numbered cities, so far, are the extreme West of the map.

So far, everything is repeatable, at a whole-map level, if I want to create a new map in this exact style. The cities are the first "custom" item, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh - I am...there's a brown blob in the SW that I created on a hue layer in PS for a specific climate zone.

Anyway....

www.davidpiercey.com/maps/abebe