Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first map

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

For a first map, whether first posted or first attempted, it's quite good. The more maps you make the more your style will evolve and the more you will learn. I'd nix the bevel on the landmass but otherwise it's a great map. You can call this done and make something new or you can start putting dots down for towns and start making up names for those places. Nice job and I hope we see more.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Yeah, really is a good map for your first attempt.

My only criticism is with the forests. They look out of proportion, like they're made up of giant trees. Maybe they are! Maybe I'm not seeing it right and need a higher resolution image to examine?

DMG

I agree with most of the criticism that has already been offered, so I just wanted to say this: I love the bright colours and the general texturing. Good job, and keep on going

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12