Thread: cartography "challenge"?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Okay, I really need to get a life; I keep thinking of more "challenge" ideas. It's actually kind of fun!...

Attached is a drawing I made while sketching around for a few hours of fun in Photoshop. Give this race a name, habitat, personality traits, culture, etc., then use it to.....

Create a "footwork map" (akin to those old "how to dance" mats that showed numbered pics of feet the student could step on) for their warriors' most powerful combat techniques.

Map their home country/typical home/military installment/etc.

Symbolically map their ordering of the universe (God/gods, planes, creatures' & races' places in the world, etc.)

The graves of the ________ are sacred, secret burial grounds located in a distant _________[swamp, forest, etc.], which only the shaman/priest/elders and pallbearers visit once a year with all the bones of the dead. Draw the valuable, esoteric, and enigmatic directions to the revered spot(s).

The favored weapon of these people is the __________; catalog its features and measurements.

Draw a star map, highlighting their constellations; make sure it includes myths, history, and prophecy

Artistically map "the known world" of one particular tribe/nation/group/ethnicity, showing both friends and enemies; make sure their slant (for better & for worse) is apparent from the map's visuals and place names.

I could go on & on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avatar_468.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	354  
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]