Thread: Regional Map From Upcoming Novel Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Unfortunately, to make the smaller fonts more legible would require me to make the map even larger than it is to fit the larger sized fonts... which I can do but the map is already pretty huge. Perhaps I can take out the smaller river names altogether, since they are the smallest text on the map, and really aren't as important as cities and landmarks. Thoughts?

And in regards to the extent of the sandstone overlay, I can definitely tone it down - thanks for the feedback! I think I'll stay with the sandstone effect (as opposed to parchment) though, since it has been my intention all along to make this a sandstone relief.

And in regards to the uniform fonts currently in place... does anyone have any 'hand-writing' styled fonts they would recommend for me to replace the current fonts with? I don't currently have any in my personal collection.

So yeah! Any other pointers?

That's a lovely looking map. I have used mountains like that in the past and always struggled to color them but i will definitely be trying the method you have used.

I think from a realistic rivers point of view you have a couple of minor inconsistencies.

Fort Mirance and Weret Bay you have rivers that fork a long way from the coast. Rivers with two outlets are very unusual. Look forward to seeing the ext version

Korba