Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filter Forge - a few filters that might be useful

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    As could I. I am forever searching for modern stuff. There is a total glut of fantasy stuff out there and those of us that play modern genres are left with few options.
    Too right. Top-down modern buildings seem to be a non-starter.

Maybe we should start a sticky thread for modern textures/links. Not that I'd have much to put in it yet...
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

If you buy it, see if you can say I referred you! Maybe they'll give me a free copy I can't quite justify it yet, no matter how much I'd like to.

I'm not sure I can justify it either. It's also quite slow on my machine...but the thought of being able to make my own filters sounds just too good to resist!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yeah, I wish I had the $$$ available to buy this too.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

They used to have a special deal with FF, I don't have the time to go check to see if it is still on, but basically if you downloaded the free version, make a filter that gets downloaded a bunch of times, you get a free full version of FF. You guys are talented enough, you might be able to do that. Assuming that the deal is still there.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

The deal is still there - you need to make 3 filters to get the product free. Some of the filters are incredibly slow though, so my initial shine to it has palled a bit!

For those that did pick up filter forge and have experimented with it...

I was wondering if it might be possible to take several different brushes and place them randomly in an area while avoiding the edge of your selection. This may allow you to select your area for, perhaps, a forest within photoshop and apply a random forest pattern. Of course you could also generate huge random tiles to use when painting your areas as well.

Anyway, just thought I'd raise this as a possible way to get those randomly created textures using brushes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12