Thread: Amseile

Default Amseile

Amseile is a young realm in a young part of the Cathedral Galaxy. Tempestuous kingdoms finally unified in 18k450 into a single Pact, coalescing like the stellar accretion matter that suffuses them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_Amseile_220110.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	132393

The Pact has a warlike history and only recently settled down to more stable relations -- after fighting a protracted war with the neighboring realm of Shobah.

I'm working through dedicated regional maps of each nation in the Cathedral Galaxy, filling out the larger universe as I go. I've been enlarging sections of the original galactic map, which I drew by hand, photographed, selectively inverted, and then colored and labeled in Photoshop. Each region gets annotated with the homeworlds of its people, some lore and flavor, and then its own unique focus for that particular region. On this one, battlefields.

This map has one of my favorite space stations on it! I've been following Janelle Shane on Twitter, and she's posted a lot over the past year about some AI image-generating tools. I used one of them to generate a painting of "a huge spaceship under construction by John Berkey," and based my drawing on the result:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a huge spaceship under construction by john berkey.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	446.3 KB 
ID:	132394