Great start. Could you provide a little more description for where this "home base" is located? From the sand/dirt on the entryway, could it be Tatooine? How big is the group that this base needs to house? Do they have a starship? [Ok, silly question for Star Wars.] What kind of starship do they have? Something to help me get the feel for what you are going for.

I assume by your post that you're looking for feedback. May I suggest some objects in the base to give each area a sense of meaning. Computer consoles for a command center, bunks for the crew's quarters, a starship or vehicle for the hangar area, etc. That would also help to give it a sense of scale. I usually look for objects at the Holocron, Dundjinni forums, RPGMapShare, or the WotC forums.

I like your idea of putting a mesh texture on the lifts. At the least, put a metallic texture on the lifts to make them stand out.

I play SWRPG and the maps I've posted are geared toward Star Wars. Also, if you're looking for some quick maps (or maps to use as guides), I have found that the SW Miniatures maps are good. Several SW Minis maps are at the Holocron if you want to review them for ideas.