Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fractal Terrains Pro: tectonic plate simulation?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I second that idea as well...will be very handy.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That's great. Thank you for your sharing

Guild Apprentice

You can open .mdr files by going into File>New... and then select Binary File. Click on Choose Elevation File and select your .mdr file you want to bring in (by default it filters for .bin files, so tell it to look for All Files). Don't worry about filling in all those parameters as Fractal Terrains automatically grabs them from the .mdr file. Then just hit Ok, Next, and then Finish.

There is an issue with .mdr files being flipped vertically in FT, but Wilbur does the same thing to .ftw files. You can either flip them before hand in Wilbur or afterwards in FT (Map>World Settings>Fractal Function and then check Flip Vertical).

Thank you, for answering. But this method works for me only with .mdr files that are saved with FTPro. In all other cases I get only strange results, like those below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	13652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	13653  

There is an issue with .mdr files being flipped vertically in FT, but Wilbur does the same thing to .ftw files.
    sonnerie portable gratuite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12