As Gilgamesh said, there's no real way to simulate tectonic action internally in FTPro. About the closest I've come to that sort of thing is to keep cycling through worlds until I find one that has a pseudo-tectonic look to it, then editing like crazy to trim shores and flatten the "centralized mountains" before rebuilding those same mountains where they would more logically appear based on tectonic activity.

A couple alternatives might be to go through a "Simple Create" mode to generally locate things then edit from there. Alternatively, and I've had absolutely no luck with this approach, would be to build a file in an external program (like GIMP) and then use the "Color to Altitude Conversion" features. As I said, I've never had any luck with this approach, as the end results look nothing like I intended them to.

There are so many factors contributing to tectonic activity and how land develops from that activity that I would imagine any software package capable of simulating it would be rather extensive and user input intensive.

GW