Thread: Aurean Coast - Worldmap for private project

Default Aurean Coast - Worldmap for private project

[TAKEN] - thanks everyone

Hello there

I have been working on a private project for some months now. Time to commit to the geography and upgrade my worldmap that i've been using as reference.

Reference
    You can find my current map here: https://imgur.com/a/kA7lS5F. I've also added a version with notes and ideas for most of the landmarks and locations.

Style
    I have a pretty good idea of the locations and geographical features I want, and would love to show those details visually on the map. What I like are maps where you can dive in over and over again and always find new places to explore. I feel like a hand-drawn map would suit that best, so nothing like that brushes-and-filter-fiesta i made in photoshop The map, while being colored, should have a grounded, slightly dark and desaturated tone / mood. Probably similar to what i've already done.

Additionally, I would love if you could add a nice border to the map, as well as some legend/title card with compass and scale. Also just fill it up with random unlabeled "points of interest" (signposts, merchant carts, bandit camps, wild grazing animals, caves, ships and snakes in the water, ...)
    I can provide some more specific desription for this if necessary.

The map should be large enough to explore in detail. I'd say probably around my current size, which is 3'000 x 4'000 px.
    I don't really have an idea of a budget - or time frame. Feel free to make me an offer.

Looking forward to your responses! Thanks already in advance.

Best,
    Simon
    Last edited by Simon; 03-14-2022 at 10:05 AM. Reason: taken, no more offers needed

Hey there I would be interested in this project with you. I have done a number of maps similar to this and I am sure we can settle in on something that fits what you are looking for style wise.

You can see more of my past work here as well as a price sheet. I do custom borders and compasses as well if you want something custom for some extra cost or can do something a bit more basic for them. Feel free to email me through the website or directly to my email ralarismaps@gmail.com and we can talk about the details or even if you just have some questions for me.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Guild Novice

Hello Simon! My name is LeslieAnn, and I am a cartographer over art Lizard Ink Maps specializing in hand drawn digital maps, exactly like what you are looking for! This project looks well within my wheelhouse and I would love if you could take a look at my portfolio to see if you are interested! That can be found here, and my rates, which I would be happy to negotiate can be found here.

If you would like to talk further, you can contact me at leslieann@lizardinkmaps.com

Cheers!
    LeslieAnn

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey Simon,

seems like a cool project! I'm an experienced freelance cartographer, having worked with small publishing houses, successful Kickstarter campaigns, writers and RPG enthusiasts from all over the world, and I'd be interested in tackling this for you!

You can check my full portfolio here and my references here.

Here are a few examples of my work:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daven0a-862ecae1-d050-4a82-a060-563e59bcd261.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	4.93 MB 
ID:	133016 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	de7sic6-7c0066a5-2851-43be-8dfb-7acc0fd902ce.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	674.6 KB 
ID:	133017 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	demyubd-c8e4283e-3ec8-4baf-a9d0-6a018891c488.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.97 MB 
ID:	133018

If you like what you see please feel free to contact me at mail@foreignworlds.net and we can figure out the details.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,
    Wired (Sebastian)

Hello Simon,

I'd like to put my name in the hat here - I'm a Scottish mapmaker with several years experience in hand-drawn maps, and my portfolio is here: https://www.ryansthomason.com/maps/ - it's Having Issues this week, but most of the images should be there. If my style suits, I can be reached at ryan@ryansthomason.com.

Hello Simon,

I am interested in this commission.

Check out my portfolio of fantasy maps and if you are interested send me an email at TheFantasyMapsForge@gmail.com

Guild Journeyer

Hello,

My name is Endi and I'm interested in working on your project

You can find my work at:

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart

If you're interested hit me up via those pages or send me an email

endi.oblak93@gmail.com

Cheers

Hey everyone

Wow, so many replies! Did not expect that, thanks. I will gladly look at your work, looks stunning from what i've seen so far!

Simon