Quote Originally Posted by Nebulous View Post
Awesome stuff man!

I'm running tabletop Thunderspire right now and i'm gonna finish it with printed maps, but you guys have inspired me to get a projector for Pyramid.

So, any advice on what KIND of projector i should get? Anyway i can swing a good one for $300?

Nebulous
I would say to research (projectorcenteral.com) and find out about the projectors you are looking at BEFORE you buy. Specifically, if you plan to project down onto a table top, you need a certain distances from the project to the surface to get a specific size screen image. This is called throw distance. For example, product A may required 7 feet 1 inch to create a 36x24 image, while product b may only require 5 feet 5 inches to hit the same size scale. Unless you have super high ceilings or plan to project onto the floor, this is a very critical piece of information to know before you decide on a particular projector!!!!

Second, make sure you get as high a lumens(light brightness) projector as you can afford. Those with low lumens will be horrible unless you have the lights down real low, which is not always condusive to gaming where you need to be able to read printed material (assuming you or your group needs printed material!)

Unless you happen to get a good deal for a used one, you will not get a new projector for under 300 that will meet the above criteria. I think I ended up paying around 650 for mine which is not "great" in the lumens department (not bad either though) but has a fairly short throw range.