Thread: Another Realistic Conworld, in development

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Map Another Realistic Conworld, in development

Hello Guild,

I'm already working on my next project, a more Earthlike world than Kaunis, my previous project. Like morne, I am attempting to follow Nikolai Lofving Hersfeldt's tutorial on the site Worldbuilding Pasta, which I consider premium quality in terms of realism.

So far I've created a tectonic history consisting of two supercontinent phases on Gplates, although I'm not very satisfied with the results (and therefore I haven't included it here.) For those tectonic experts, could you please let me know if my plate movements and mountain placements are plausible? (If the tectonic history video would help, I can include it upon request.)

I've deliberately created two polar continents, which will host massive ice caps. I'm planning a sea level somewhat lower than that of the current Earth, and at the same time, a somewhat colder pattern of climates.

Here's the world map in equirectangular, before I've drawn detail for the polar continents:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Done.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	244.6 KB 
ID:	133150

Next, here is the map rotated 140 degrees longitude, 89 degrees latitude; it shows the work I've done on the polar continents, which can be seen in the middle and on the outer edges:

Name:	World Diff Projection.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	374.3 KB 
ID:	133151

Finally, here is some detail on the first continent, which can be seen on the first map enclosed in a box:

Name:	Cont One with Mountains.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	133153

In the next little while, I'll be developing the topography on the remaining continents; afterwards, I'll tackle the world climate in the same fashion that morne has already done so.

Thank you for your interest.

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent One.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	133152  
    Last edited by Peter Toth; 04-02-2022 at 03:50 AM.