Thread: Damothi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the input.

I really enjoy the feel of everything. The only things I notice are the stark contrast between the forests and the hills and houses. I think the houses could actually use a tiny bit more definition, and the forests a tiny bit less. I'm not sure about the hills, yet, but I think they'll turn out pretty well as they are.
    As I said, this was mostly just a test, but I'm seriously thinking of either going back and touching this up a bit more or making a brand new map to build on what I learned. As I was writing this, I also realized that I posted this in Regional Mapping rather than City Mapping. Oops.

Is that a bazaar or a carnival in the Southern Quarter? Either way, I love the look of it. The sudden burst of colour adds something quite amazing to the city.
    That is totally a bazaar. Glad you like it.

Very nice so far.

As others have said, the water looks great, but what really caught my eye was the subtlety of the buildings and roads along with what (at least to me) looks like some atmospheric shading from an unseen cloud cover. The smaller roads and alleys are there just enough to be seen without dominating the clusters of buildings.

The only thing that really struck me as looking odd was how abruptly the forested areas ended, almost as if some trees were cut in half. Then again, my eyes aren't what they used to be, so I could very well be seeing things.

All in all, thumbs up from me and I'm looking forward to seeing more work from you.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges