Thread: Nothing but layers quick map...(FTPro/PS)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok, I followed the process from this thread with the exception of rivers because I want to create my own and this is the end result.

High res version is here, since its too big to upload to cartographersguild. http://www.mediafire.com/?qdc8q4nl5lmc0nq

I don't think it looks very good. I'll try playing with it some more later today, but for now the thing that needs to be changed first is the texture. I would like to have a texture like yours. Mine has many ugly straight lines and it looks very different from yours. I tried changing many settings but it doesn't change a lot, and never even comes close to what you posted as a texture. I went through many projections too but it changed very little. And I changed the intensity in different ways. Also, you said to make sure to turn off the shaders, but I can only get the texture that you said is the right one by turning on the shaders. Turning them off just produces a white image. Perhaps you can load it into your FT and see if it generates a different texture cause of some setting that I missed? Or maybe you can tweak some settings to get a better texture? Here's the ftw file: http://www.mediafire.com/?y33e41sah1zs9ja

If you cant get the texture right, then it must be the way I generated the island... But what setting? The only setting that got rid of the straight lines for me is to set the Willbur fractal generation algorithm. But it still doesn't look anything like your texture. It just looks like lots of black lines on a white background, but your image actually looks like it has depth and it looks silvery/metallic (please compare our 2 texture images, put them next to each other cause it doesn't look right to me at all). What do I need to do to get that kind of texture?

Thanks for helping me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AbebeTest1lowres.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.70 MB 
ID:	45898  
    Last edited by s0meguy; 06-21-2012 at 10:38 PM.