Thread: [SF General] The Aeschylus Independent Freighter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I gotta say, I love me some sci-fi spaceship layouts, and yours are awesome.

Is it weird that I was worried about the Life Support and Hydoponics sections of the ship being at the very front? In case of an emergency impact... Oh no...

Quote Originally Posted by Everyman View Post
    I gotta say, I love me some sci-fi spaceship layouts, and yours are awesome.

Is it weird that I was worried about the Life Support and Hydoponics sections of the ship being at the very front? In case of an emergency impact... Oh no...
    I was thinking about the very same thing (not about impact but attack from enemies) then I realized that the ship might have shields or the hull might be made from collapsium*. The other thing I was thinking about was having the command area on the top - surely the safest place would be deep within the ship. After all, it isn't like they need windows or such. I guess that just proves that this ship wasn't built with combat in mind.

* Collapsium (as described by H Beam Piper): compressed-matter shielding in which electron shells are collapsed onto atomic nuclei allowing atoms to touch each other; can only be cut by cosmic ray abrasive rotary beam cutter.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx