Hi Guildies

Just wanted to let you all know whats goin on in my head over here. In the next few days, as soon as I get all the concepts worked out properly so I can deal with multiple ranks and the permissions that go with it, I plan on changing the concept of the "Moderator" group.

The moderator group will be going away for the most part, since this site is MOSTLY self-policing. The duties of the moderator, however will not be going away. Instead, I will be bestowing upon my existing moderator, and 1 or 2 additional persons the title of "Community Leader" or something like that.

This new role will consist not only of moderator duties, which up until this post has been almost no work whatsoever, but also to be an ambassador and representative of the mapping community as a whole, as well as a proverbial community cheerleader to help keep topics flowing and people talking. This is in fact a message-board, and for this site to work, we have to all be involved. I can set up a forum, but I'm not the greatest cheerleader in the world, so thats where the community leaders will come in.

Be on the lookout for this and a few other community building endeavors in the next few days.