Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
I'm really impressed with the height map you put together. I've wanted to try my hand at that and Wilbur for ages, but it always seems to go a little too much over my heard...
Well, I feel exactly the same. Wilbur is beyond me, yet I can't stop fiddling with it. It's like a dance-off with Terpsichore (the Greek Goddess of dance), and me with my two left feet! She completely outclasses me but I can't help but come back for more.

Anyway, I had another pretty little dance with Wilbur because I felt, as so many cartographers do, that my map just wasn't big enough. So I blew it up by a factor of 2 (in each dimension, so now it's 4 times as large) and Wilburred it a bit more to get rid of the inevitable artefacts. Managed to get some more believable rivers and streams too, the Gods be thanked -- and especially Terpsichore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022.12.12 - Cloud City (1).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	9.28 MB 
ID:	134829

I still have to toy with the colouring scheme a little bit but this terrain is a good start to begin working in the different housing blocks for realzies. But that'll be for a future update!