Thread: Antiquities Incorporated: Indiana Jones-style Pulp Adveture

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the responses guys.

Ascension, that was the closest to parchment I was able to get. I'm using GIMP, and the 'Clothify' filter didn't look as good as the 'Apply Canvas' one did.

NeonKnight, I think something like that may be a little beyond my ability. Also, there are some spots on the torn edges that I'm not too happy with, namely the upper left corner, the area above Russia, and most of the right side. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to save my parchment base in a non-flattened file, so I was unable to go back and touch it up. I decided to plow forward with the GM said he didn't think anything looked bad.

Post Hmmm?

Nice map! Couple suggestions though. I think the crumbly parchment look, seems too old for a 1930's map. I'd go with a cream colored or tan colored paper with a few folds, or no folds. Make it a bit "dirty" and abused. But don't go for the ancient map look, it doesn't look right to me. Otherwise good job, just my opinion.

Also through in some meridians, longitude, latitude, compass rose to dress it up a bit more. That would really make this map shine.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations