Thanks for the feedback!

I used to do knotwork art and calligraphy in my younger years when I had more time for art so maybe if I ever do a more artistic map I can re-apply some of that old skill to a map border and proper title block. With this map I deliberately avoided too many artistic elements as this is a "working map" for a ttrpg. I'm not even planning on fixing it so that I can continue to add elements such as towns, cities, and roads, etc. as the players explore more. There are 5 others (this would be west-central, so each to the North, Northeast, East, Southeast, and South) that will join to it at this scale to cover the entire continental & cultural region of Naren, so I wanted the map edge-to-edge to allow us lining them together.

I've always like the classic look and feel of a good compass rose with rhumb lines but I always associate it with nautical charts--or at least maps with significant portion of open ocean--so it honestly never occurred to me to include it on this. It is a great idea though! Maybe when I do the map(s) to the east, along the coast, I will add it so that the entire collection can act as one giant map (it would be 66" tall x 54" wide, all told). I will certainly do it on a smaller scale map (1":90 Statute Miles as opposed to this one's 1":30 SM). For that scale, though, I'm thinking I may try my hand at more detailed shading techniques taken from my days of pencil drawing to get a more classic hill shade look.