Thread: Nitmitta and its lake

Guild Member

Map Nitmitta and its lake

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nimitta_pixelmator 2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	135890 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6486.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	135891

Hand-drawn 1/50,000 scale imaginary map of Nimitta and its lake for my friend Diana H.K. Rodrigues' novel O tempo sabe o que o Amor não diz. Inks, water colors, color pencils on agave fibre paper.

I quote (sorry no official English translation currently available) :

– « Nimitta é uma cidade tão antiga como bela, firmada sobre um antigo supervulcão cuja última erupção fez abater toda a câmara magmática, criando uma gigantesca cratera. Essa cratera deu, mais tarde, lugar a um enorme e lindíssimo lago, repleto de vida. As suas margens verdes contrastam com o forte azul da água e estão pululadas de povoações, cada uma mais pitoresca do que a outra. A flutuar sobre a água e bem alto no ar, existem estruturas urbanísticas inteiras, perfeitamente integradas na natureza que as rodeiam, como se fossem parte dela. É um lugar praticamente intransponível por estar rodeado de montanhas e jovens vulcões que se formaram posteriormente. »

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

This is a possible translation. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    – « Nimitta is a city as ancient as it is beautiful, established on an ancient supervolcano whose last eruption caused the entire magma chamber to collapse, creating a gigantic crater. This crater later gave way to a huge and beautiful lake, full of life. Its green shores contrast with the strong blue of the water and are teeming with settlements, each more picturesque than the other. Floating on the water and high in the air, there are entire urban structures, perfectly integrated into the nature that surrounds them, as if they were part of it. It is a practically impassable place because it is surrounded by mountains and young volcanoes that formed later. »

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Splendid! I love those volcanoes.