Thread: World Map, in the style of Grim Hollows' Etharis

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have never heard of Sketchmob, but my god, I hope no artist is desperate enough to do commissions by those terms. The idea that the client can just decide that they don't like the artwork and have their money fully refunded, and the artist is left with nothing, is outrageous. Especially maps like this - I don't make this type of mapping work myself, so I don't know exactly how long this takes, but for my own fantasy maps I can easily spend 20-40 hours on the more complex pieces, and if the client decides to not accept the artwork... what, I'd just have wasted 20+ hours of my time for absolutely nothing, and the platform thinks that's fine and fair? That is insane. Not to even mention the 15% processing fee! 15% is a HUGE chunk of the money. Good grief. Fellow artists, please take care of yourselves.

Hopefully you and Naima can work something out, but as they said, given that you're asking for something very complex and detailed, and it sounds like you're wanting the artist to sign the copyright over entirely, $400 may not be a realistic budjet.
    Last edited by Kellerica; 06-22-2023 at 12:40 PM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.