Thread: Its funny how the past bites you on the erm.. posterior

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Its funny how the past bites you on the erm.. posterior

Hi All

I was rooting through some old archive material and I came across a whole load of maps I drew (hand) quite some time ago. When I got divorced some years past I decided to ditch all my old gaming folders, but because I couldn't bring myself to totally ditch them I decided to scan all the contents. Some 20 years of gaming materials later I had a lot of files, and these come from this little cache.

In fact when I say archived these maps date back to around the early 1980's when I first got into playing DnD.

My campaign world was quite large and I set about a total mapping project, which at the time was ambitious as pen and paper was the only way to go. So the first map in this sequence is the Continent of Astoria, the main world map. There is a larger A3 version of this which I still have, but not scanned unfortunately.

Zooming in a little we focus on the Ring Mountains in the country of Astor. This was hex mapped and the reason will become clear.

Zoom again to a section on the coast, and the hexes become a little more clear.

And then zoom to 2 individual hexes.

But it doesn't end there, and I'll continue in the next post.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	astoria.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	472.4 KB 
ID:	12446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ring Mountains.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	462.5 KB 
ID:	12447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map 2.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	300.6 KB 
ID:	12448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hex M8.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	12449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hex N7.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	12450