Been a long time, my friends, but I love the community as much as my first visit here.

I've graduated now and I have a great position as an archivist for a regional county municipality here in Quebec. It's a county like unit of government at the supralocal level. I manage archives and records for the RCM as well as a few towns around. I love my job! I bought my first house last year and we are now trying for a baby : things are doing great!

That also means I've had to put my creative side on pause for some time.

I was so excited, back in march, when I received a message from my old friend, who already commissioned a map two years ago (Vastania) for an online DND campaign while on COVID quarantine.

I have worked for about three and a half months on this. I work full time, but I would get back home and work at least an hour / hour and a half each night. I have over 200hrs on this project. It is my biggest so far (28''x 22''). I have ordered a poster copy, but also a playmat version with a hex grid. He is going to put it on his table to play his campaign with his team.

My friend wanted to try a new DnD style (or, rather, not new), as he wanted to try the old school DnD. This is why he requested a black and white map and insisted on the hatching shading. I had total liberty of the "dungeons" positioning, as long as it was rather far away from the principal outpost. He wanted Tarrgein to be wild and free from political borders, roads, etc. There are a couple outposts here and there, but it is mostly a wild and unexplored country.

This project made me realize how important creativity is in my life. As much as I love my job, I need to take the time to do something creative once in a while.

I am so thrilled to share my baby with you today. I know it's not perfect, I know it's not as incredibly marvelous as some of the maps displayed here, but it is my biggest project so far and I remain truly proud of it. I do hope you will like it and, as always, all comments are appreciated.

Take care my friends, and I hope life brings you kindness and beautiful moments <3

Janie (Mimine)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarrgein_low.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	8.36 MB 
ID:	135934