Thread: [Region 1] [Map 16] The Islands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Not bad at all.

Did you check the 'abandoned area' thread in the CWBP forum?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess I should check the thread myself
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Here's a semi-final product.. very much open to suggestions.

It makes the most sense that the islands are the home of pirates, due to the rich trade ports to the north.

In response to the pirate threat the City States of Akron have built a staging area for their navy at Coldrock island. Little has been done to take control of the Kouver islands, however, due to the natural reefs that surround the islands and prevent all but the lightest of ships from reaching the islands. Over the years the pirate stronghold has been torched and burnt to the ground, yet it always pops up in a different location on the islands, and has been nicknamed Phoenix Hold due to it's tenacity in the face of a fiery end.

The Great lighthouse is a wonder of the world, and a point of pride for the city states. A light house was built at that location long ago due to necessity, but the economic success of Akron has lead the city states to rebuild it in it's current grandiose form.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kouver.PNG 
Views:	103 
Size:	439.6 KB 
ID:	12518  

BTW, I still haven't been given the official go ahead for this.. who's in charge of this project these days?

I'm very interested in helping build a world.. I'm not so good at the mapping portion, but I tend to have some pretty great ideas as far as intriguing locations/concepts go.