Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
I like it Koor but IMHO its a little Blah. If you don't agree with me please take this with a grain of salt. It's just an opinion.

I love the shallow water hinted at below the sea around the islands.

I think the regularity of the deep water hurts the impression. You might try some noise layers on the water. You might invent\acquire some ships or mermaids or wrecks to spruce it up a bit. Failing that a Compass Rose would be really nice and maybe a scale. In the png I see a regular faint diagonal lines - the look a little like an afterthought.

You have a lot of empty ocean and without the bordering squares it seems a little weird to the viewer that your focus is where it is. Ya gotta figure thats a challenge with this square - in a way you have the best design for the rest of the map. When the squares are stitched together the rest benefits from your open ocean. When you just look at your own square by itself its a little different.

SIgurd
THANK YOU!!!!

I've been desperate for any sort of feed back.. It's still a work in progress but I needed some guidance on where to go with it now.