Thread: Looking for somebody to commision me a map of South Wales for a university project

Question Looking for somebody to commision me a map of South Wales for a university project

Hi all,

Was referred to the Cartographers Guild by a friend who said that this was the best place for map making commissions.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was anybody on here who who would be interested in taking a crack at drawing a map of South Wales for me. I'm using it to display popular film locations, for TV shows such as Doctor Who, The Witcher, His Dark Materials, Gavin and Stacey, Sex Education etc, as well films including, Transformers, The Dark Knight, Clash of the Titans etc.

I don't need the map to map particularly detailed, but I thought that it would be nice to have the map be its own style, I'm thinking, historical/rustic/fantasy style. Once I have map, would then like to drop pins, to embed links to the different locations on a separate website which I am currently creating myself.

My question is, how much would somebody typically be charge for a piece like this, and would they be able to do it, within a short time frame e.g. two weeks?
    Like I said the map does not need to be particularly detailed, but I thought I'd just put a feeler out here, so that I could get an idea of how achievable something like this would be.

Many thanks if you take the time to read this

Hi there! My website is available in my signature, feel free to take a look and contact me if you like what you see. I can give you a quote once we're in contact.
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)