Yeah its looking good, and I very much agree with Ravells, you don't need an art gene to make vector images. You may dred doing so but when it comes down to it, if you practice a bit and get better at drawing some things (enough so that you can bust out some simple shapes and such quickly) you don't have to worry about finding or asking people to build something for you. Such textures that Ravells made are quite easy, from what it looked like it was a simple gradient, and would take a few seconds to create... thats whats nice with a future setting... things can be smooth.

As for ideas for your room, what about having moveable beds-pods? they could dissapear into the floor or somwhere else where they don't take up space. Another thought is to make them vertical, it'd save you a lot of space if they were upright with doors. I don't know traveller, but they could also be used for strap down pods if you are "dropped" places like I've seen in many scifi movies.

The floor texture could be usefull as a clean, white or very light aqua colour, not metal or tile, but something smooth, and most likely synthetic. I would imaging many, many stripes and symbols to act as instruction in the room, things like symbols for bed, cooker, bathroom, etc... I'd imagine the future is full of the "this is used for that and that only" style of istruction.

Also, if this is meant to be a low budget space pod thing, then it by all chances may be a lot less orderly then it seems... Depending on the setting, think of many Sci-fi space movies and series... Alien, Star Wars, Firefly, all of these has ships that looked like a 20 year old beetle that is ready to fall apart, but still somehow runs. If that is something you want to try to recreate, make things dirty, remove the shiney smooth covers from the objects and make some (or all) of their inner workings poke through to the surface. And in that aspect, they would rather save a buck then make things safe, so it is possible to have hot gas pipes etc out in the open, with a simple sign that says "Hot! do not touch!"

The other way is to be sterile, make it look like a hospital. Thinks should looks smooth, and very little inner workings of the room should be shown.

Basically its easiest to start out with the sterile setting, and then trash it to make the old dirty spaceship style. But the colour schemes are usually much the same. A green/blue steel pain that you would see on a battleship, with a mixture of white throughout important areas. Yellow/red/green/blue for the markings, usually color coded for severity.

of course these are all just personal prefs... it just what i think of when i think of spacecraft.