Thread: City design... in a new way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Info

I feel I didn't quite give sig a sincere thanks for his contribution. I never even thought about accepting community members entrys before, but I think its a great idea. If you wish to have a character included in the current lineup, post a description or quote like sig has, and I will add them to the roster.

I will give you some more information about the expedition, so that you'll get a better idea about what you have to work with.

The expedition itself was launched from a large port in the south, yet to be named... It consisted of 3 large ships, 2 cargo vessels, and one large frigate (the flagship, the daisy may)

On board were around 55 people, splitting it up 20,20 in the cargo ships, and 15 in the flagship(Several will be lost with the missing ship the Lass, while some will survive, the majority will die). The majority of which were professionals, a few soldiers, hunters carpenters, shipwrights, blacksmiths, etc... With a handfull of serfs to do the dirty work.

I will keep a running list of named members of the city, so lets start it now.

Memorable Expedition Characters
    Lord Arthien, lead of the expedition
    Algrim, soldier
    Larim Greyson, seaman
    Samson Peters, forrester and fletcher
    Ernst Sputage, carpenter
    Last edited by loogie; 04-16-2009 at 09:30 PM.
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

Post ah...

Quote Originally Posted by loogie View Post
    I feel I didn't quite give sig a sincere thanks for his contribution.
    Her contribution.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Her contribution.

GP
    Actually, I've always been a Him but thanks for coming to my rescue Tall, Dark and Printerly.

Loogie is being far too kind and worried about impressions. My posts are contributions not possessions.

The map looks good. I'll post again when I have the creative spark.

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Post Helping Loogie Out

Everyone who wants to see this experiment get interesting, realizes that one person will have to put all the other inspirations & stuff into order. Because you came up with the idea, because you've been so polite, and because you didn't ask for the job -- Loogie, you're the perfect leader for this.

Therefore In order to give Loogie a vote of support...

I hereby vote for Loogie as number one, High Poobah, Historian Uber Chief for this thread. With the dread powers to mince and mangle, encourage and cajole, all the posts here presented.
    "I give you the light or Eärendil.... yadda da, yadda da,"

All in agreement add "Loogie's my chief historian." to the end of a post in this thread. 'If it aint got a Loogie on it, its only a suggestion'.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 04-20-2009 at 07:00 PM.

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    All in agreement add "Loogie's my chief historian." to the end of a post in this thread. 'If it aint got a Loogie on it, its only a suggestion'.

So it is written, so shall it be!

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges