Thread: City design... in a new way

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Info

** MAIN POST **
    This post will hold all of journal entries and information in my City Design project. I am posting all of the entries here to help make things easy to read and find, so I will be copying other contributors entries here. If you wish to contribute, please read the memorable character lists for ideas of the amount of people currently a part of the storyline, and either use one of the free characters or create your own!

Memorable Character List
    This is a list of the characters currently mentioned in the entries for this city. Some have not been mentioned by name, but have been given one so they can be added to the list. These characters have been created by one of the authors, so please read the entries to see where they fit in. Beside the name of the ship is the approximate number of survivors on that ship, and new characters can be added as long as there is room in the ships roster. This is a pioneer expedition, so make sure these people have reason to be present (The majority should be tough hardy folk) I'll give mainly free reight of your entries, but I may msg you with ideas or requests about the events that happen in them. I will message anyone who contributes and ask them if they wish to contribute regularly or leave such up to the other authors

Daisy May 16 Survivors Left
    1. Lord Arthien, Commander Taken
    2. Algrim, Soldier
    3. Dell Ivray, Seaman
    4. Samson Peters, Forrester and Fletcher

Aspen 17 Survivors Left
    1. Randall, Woodsman
    2. Ernst Sputage, Carpenter Taken

Survivors of the Lass 6 Survivors left
    1. Old Man Kressel, Woodsman
    2. Becca, Serf
    3. LT. Atwood, Officer
    4. Hiram, Cook
    5. Jasper, Deck hand
    6. Larim Greyson, Seaman Taken

Unfortunates List
    Danriella, Wife to Randall (Unexplained)
    Raiff, Son to Randall (Unexplained)
    Captain Harrison, Captain (Went down with the Lass)

Entries

Excerpts from Lord Arthien's personal journals

Day 53

The storm has taken its toll on all our ships. The Daisy May has significant mast and sail damage, and the Aspen is listing hard to port. Our shipwright has informed me that the Aspen is in need of a dry dock, lest she be lost to the sea.

The most tragic of all, we have been parted from our third vessel the Sultry Lass, sometime during the night. The last visual of the ship was on the second hour of new day, where the guard Algrim spied the vessel through the blinding winds and rain of the storm. All hands were called below deck shortly after, for waves continued battering the deck, and we had almost lost both Grayson and Peters to those dark depths.

When morning broke I was greeted with some positive news, for we could once again spy land. Investigations of our maps revealed provided us no location, had I finally made it to Northrend? Being down one ship and the others in grave need of repair, I decided to find a suitable place to stop. A few hours later we came upon such a place. A large bay with clean deep water. The bay was fed by a sizable river, and the land was lush with greenery, grasses mostly and other plains-land vegetation. The odd tree roamed the grounds, but not enough to be of much use to the ships.

We set to work and managed to beach the Aspen, to much longer in the water and our supplies were in danger of getting damaged. Without much daylight left, I set the boys to work on a large fire. My heart holds hope that the Sultry Lass is not far behind, and hopefully our light may guide its way.

In the morning I shall gather a party to march, to see if I can find our location, and find some sign of my lost ship.
    Larim Greyson (Day 55)

It's been two days since the Lass went down. We did everything we could to save her, but there just weren't enough of us. Bless Captain Harrison and his kin. He did the honorable thing and went down with the Lass, giving up his place in the life boat to Old Man Kressel and his grand-daughter. To be honest, though, I'd rather have the captain back, at least he had a bit of common sense. Not like Lieutenant Atwood. How he became an officer, I'll never understand. He wouldn't listen when I tried to suggest that we rope ourselves to the other life boat. Said that'd just make it harder on whoever was rowing. Don't know how many were on that boat, but we lost her last night, disappeared into the darkness. And now he's got us rowing due north.

Tried to tell him we needed to head east, point our bow into the morning sun. Figured that'd be the best way to make landfall, but he wouldn't listen to that either. He's gonna be the death of us all unless . . . but that'd be mutiny. Still . . .

Besides Old Man Kressel and his grand-daughter, there's me, the Lieutenant, Hiram (the cook) and Jasper one of the newer deck-hands.. He's a boy, really, this being his first voyage and all. But he's giving it his all, rowing hard when it's his turn. Even if we're going the wrong way, between Jasper, Hiram and myself, we're making pretty good progress. It'd be better if Atwood would dirty his hands a little, but he thinks himself above such things.

Hiram talked Becca (Old Man Kressel's grand-daugher) into giving up a bit of her frilly thread and lace and managed a hook out of a lantern handle, but without bait, I don't think he's going to catch anything. And even if he does, we don't have any way to cook it. If we don't find land soon, none of us are going to make it.

Ernst Sputage – Carpenter

They're such butchers of fine woods. I watched them drag timbers ashore to burn. What a crime. They start with the largest timbers of course and then leave them in the light of the fires to dry. These are the same idiots who will come to me to help them find timber!

They seem scared of the night though. Apparently, Randall's whole family has gone off into the darkness and not returned. Some say they heard screaming.
    Last edited by loogie; 04-20-2009 at 12:25 PM.
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool