Thread: City design... in a new way

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If nobody else has, already, I'd like to lay claim to Larim Greyson (or Greason teehee) since he is a seaman and I was a seaman at one time. Of course, if someone is already working on something for that particular character, well, I'll just move along to another. Love this idea and it will give me a chance to stretch my fingers a bit (and a break from charting out rivers).

Larim Greyson (Day 55)

It's been two days since the Lass went down. We did everything we could to save her, but there just weren't enough of us. Bless Captain Harrison and his kin. He did the honorable thing and went down with the Lass, giving up his place in the life boat to Old Man Kressel and his grand-daughter. To be honest, though, I'd rather have the captain back, at least he had a bit of common sense. Not like Lieutenant Atwood. How he became an officer, I'll never understand. He wouldn't listen when I tried to suggest that we rope ourselves to the other life boat. Said that'd just make it harder on whoever was rowing. Don't know how many were on that boat, but we lost her last night, disappeared into the darkness. And now he's got us rowing due north.

Tried to tell him we needed to head east, point our bow into the morning sun. Figured that'd be the best way to make landfall, but he wouldn't listen to that either. He's gonna be the death of us all unless . . . but that'd be mutiny. Still . . .

Besides Old Man Kressel and his grand-daughter, there's me, the Lieutenant, Hiram (the cook) and Jasper one of the newer deck-hands.. He's a boy, really, this being his first voyage and all. But he's giving it his all, rowing hard when it's his turn. Even if we're going the wrong way, between Jasper, Hiram and myself, we're making pretty good progress. It'd be better if Atwood would dirty his hands a little, but he thinks himself above such things.

Hiram talked Becca (Old Man Kressel's grand-daugher) into giving up a bit of her frilly thread and lace and managed a hook out of a lantern handle, but without bait, I don't think he's going to catch anything. And even if he does, we don't have any way to cook it. If we don't find land soon, none of us are going to make it.
    GW
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 04-20-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Adding excerpt
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges