Thread: City design... in a new way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Info

Here you have it, entry one of this project. I'm going to put it in quotage so its easier to see whats chat and whats work.I'll also set the post icon to info for these posts.

Excerpts from Lord Arthien's personal journals

Day 53

The storm has taken its toll on all our ships. The Daisy May has significant mast and sail damage, and the Aspen is listing hard to port. Our shipwright has informed me that the Aspen is in need of a dry dock, lest she be lost to the sea.

The most tragic of all, we have been parted from our third vessel the Sultry Lass, sometime during the night. The last visual of the ship was on the second hour of new day, where the guard Algrim spied the vessel through the blinding winds and rain of the storm. All hands were called below deck shortly after, for waves continued battering the deck, and we had almost lost both Ivray and Peters to those dark depths.

When morning broke I was greeted with some positive news, for we could once again spy land. Investigations of our maps revealed provided us no location, had I finally made it to Northrend? Being down one ship and the others in grave need of repair, I decided to find a suitable place to stop. A few hours later we came upon such a place. A large bay with clean deep water. The bay was fed by a sizable river, and the land was lush with greenery, grasses mostly and other plains-land vegetation. The odd tree roamed the grounds, but not enough to be of much use to the ships.

We set to work and managed to beach the Aspen, to much longer in the water and our supplies were in danger of getting damaged. Without much daylight left, I set the boys to work on a large fire. My heart holds hope that the Sultry Lass is not far behind, and hopefully our light may guide its way.

In the morning I shall gather a party to march, to see if I can find our location, and find some sign of my lost ship.
    Last edited by loogie; 04-20-2009 at 10:57 AM.
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

Ernst Sputage - Carpenter

They're such butchers of fine woods. I watched them drag timbers ashore to burn. What a crime. They start with the largest timbers of course and then leave them in the light of the fires to dry. These are the same idiots who will come to me to help them find timber!

They seem scared of the night though. Apparently, Randall's whole family has gone off into the darkness and not returned. Some say they heard screaming.

- Sigurd

Ernst may only be an occasional or temporary character. Feel free to post from his perspective if you have details of woodwork or construction to tell.

What is the racial make up here?

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd