Thread: October 2023 challenge: "Samah nightmare"

Default October 2023 challenge: "Samah nightmare"

Hi all, I wanna try to map a nightmare of a fictional character: Samah the mad.
    Here the story:

"I was almost at the end of my journey when I saw her, a little figure in the middle of the country. Sitted near a ruined wall, there was her, a woman with the madder sight I ever seen. Still don't know why I went for her, maybe mercy, maybe curiosity, but I left the path to go and talk with her.
    - I'm Samah, Samah was I, Samah left me!
    I asked if she was in need for help, she took my arm and started to tell her story.
    -I never sleep, because if I do, it comes to visit my dreams, it, the nightmare! I made it so many times that I don't know if it is only a fantasy or a real memory! The temple, under a blood moon, at the end of the way. Darkness, fog, terrifing tree, but even if my heart almost explode for the fear, I open the door, a big, heavy door...and on the inside...the horror, pure evil in the air, blood, screams, deads bodies.... and the stairs that go down! I wanna run away, close the door and run back, but a will stronger than my fear moves my legs, and one step by another, I cross all the big room till the stairs. An esitation, a pause, just the time to feel the cold air coming from below, just the time to smell blood... and my forced march starts again.
    I disappear in the darkness, but soon my eyes perceive a light reddish, soft and evil, I want to close them, but cannot. I see a place of desesparation, of torture and death, many spikes over the rounded wall in front of me, and bodies hang on them, trepassed, without life. Blood everywhere, on the floor there is a small channel that bring the running blood trough the wall at my back. Hands on my arms, voices around me, they push me to another room, where a mosaic of a demon with his mouth open lies on the floor. But his throat is in reality a well so deep that I cannot see the bottom. My journey is near to the end, the creatures behind me are now quiet, waiting for my sacfrice. So, after a moment, I jump in to the well and die!"

And now the map
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG20231022003741.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	136480

(P.s. sorry for my english)

Well I'll be going to bed shortly, so thanks for giving me bad dreams!!

The story is deliciously nightmarish and the map is beautiful!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Looks good, now I regret doing mine digitally. Real paper always has something special about it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot Kisachik and sorry ChickPea, when I put down the story I thought that it could be to much splatter.

Now, I almost done with the lines:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	IMG20231025004423.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	136484

Now I have to choose the colors and then some digital label

It's gorgeous! Looking forward to the coloured version.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Colors added, now I will digitalize it and put some labels:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	IMG_20231027_141950.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	6.63 MB 
ID:	136492
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG20231027141423.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	3.80 MB 
ID:	136491  
    Last edited by Simkin; 10-27-2023 at 01:20 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Oh, nice! Looking really good.

thank you Chick Pea and Diamond.
    As always, the digital part of the mapping process presents some trouble. It comes out that the sheet I used to draw is longer than A4, so my poor scanner cut it off. Fortunately I lost very little of the original work ( I decided to cut the bottom).

I finished mostly all the process, I'm only ask for help to find spelling mistakes, if someone could read the entire text and tell where I wrote something wrong, I'll appreciate very much.

No more bla-bla, here is the map:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	samah nightmare1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	4.95 MB 
ID:	136499

bye bye