View Poll Results: Would you like to do this challenge?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, let's do this!

8 100.00%
  • No, there are better ideas.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prehistoric Land

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Prehistoric could also just means before the birth of History I guess.
    Right, you could do an Atlantean civilization from 50,000 BC or something. Lots of possiblities.

There was a book series years and years ago by Julian May about convicts sent back in time to the remote past who form a colony and discover there is already an elf-like empire there. Maybe I'll re-read those books and see if it sparks any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Right, you could do an Atlantean civilization from 50,000 BC or something. Lots of possiblities.

There was a book series years and years ago by Julian May about convicts sent back in time to the remote past who form a colony and discover there is already an elf-like empire there. Maybe I'll re-read those books and see if it sparks any ideas.
    The Pliocene Exiles Series. I just reread that recently and, when I was much younger, actually got to meet Julian very briefly. They Exiles weren't all convicts. Some of them went back simply to get away from a galactic milieu they no longer wished to be a part of. She wrote books about that as well, although I don't recall how many or if she completed the series before passing away. Still, one of my favorite authors from back in the day.

Edit: The Tanu and the Frivolag. IIRC, both of those races were based loosely on Celtic mythology.
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 02-29-2024 at 07:39 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12