Thread: Help with drawing contours and determining quotas - hypsometry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I missed the first attempt and fellows who practice with me, about 97% of people had an unrecognized bad map and received zero points instead of the full -15 points.
    I've never been in academia but that sounds like a badly worded assignment that is either missing information relevant to complete it or not given enough time, and I would definitely bring it up to the teacher and if they are not receptive to feedback, whoever is above them.

Because I mean, if even the professionals are like "I need more information and time to complete this" I don't know how students are supposed to. 97% of students failing to hand in a map sounds like a very badly set up assignment.

This is what I'd do to get contours. https://opengislab.com/blog/2022/2/2...dem-using-qgis

Using these, I was able to extract these contours. I got the OpenTopoMap basemap and terrain measurements on the contours. Didn't get the rivers in with this tutorial, but the contours from the NASA DEM data will probably work?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	contour.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	6.70 MB 
ID:	136567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open terrain.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	8.32 MB 
ID:	136565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	contours with measurement.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	7.45 MB 
ID:	136566

On this one I did 10 meter contours (I think) and added the water using QuickOSM.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	less contours water from OSM.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	136568
    Last edited by Tiana; 11-06-2023 at 03:41 PM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!