Hi!

I'm a fantasy author looking to commission a map for my self-published novel. All the specifics are below, so let me know if this is something that looks interesting to you! As a note, I am new here, and do not yet have image posting or private messaging privileges.

Subject and Style:

Looking for a single-page greyscale map for a 5.25x8 paperback and 6x9 hardcover. [As much as I would love a color/parchment style map, printing costs skyrocket!] The map would include a partial continent, bits of ocean showing at the edges. 2/3 of the area is various kinds of desert (rocky, scrub, canyon, wadi) and includes rivers and jagged wadi/rocky terrain features which are important to the story. The vertical sketch I have on an 8x11 piece of printer paper is roughly 90 miles to the inch, so that would obviously change scaled for the novel size.

Ideally the map would have a more realistic/historical look, and whatever artwork was implemented would reflect a Middle Eastern influence (Jewish and Iraqi influences being the strongest)

Quality: Professional quality. I see 300 dpi being the most commonly recommended resolution, but I don't know a lot about the subject, so recommendations are welcome.

Time Constraints: I would be looking to have this ready by 9 February 2024

Rights: I would need to have the right to reproduce the map for commercial purposes (it will be in a novel).

I do have a sketch ready to send and would be happy to answer any questions!

Contact is jayme--.l--.ficken--at--gmail.com
(remove all -- and replace at w/ @)