Thread: Fantasy Region, Slumbering Lands

Post Fantasy Region, Slumbering Lands

Project
    Two maps for a personal TTRPG game in a world I've developed.
    Local nation map: 360 x 360 km world scale, 66 x 66 cm print
    Continental map: 3000 x 2000 km world scale, 66 x 90 cm print
    Maps will be used digitally but I would like to have the option to print should I find a printer. The digital files will not be shared beyond the scope of the game.
    For consistency I'd like for the same cartographer to make both maps. I'd prefer to start with the local region map as this is the location that has the most bearing on the current story in game.
    Budget is around $100 USD per map upon completion. Open to offers. Can pay by venmo, PayPal, or Zelle.
    Copyright would remain with the cartographer.
    Attached is a sketch of the region for the regional map. Note the rivers, mountain ranges, and shorelines. There are also dots for settlements. This particular map is approximately 500km across in world scale. The finished region map would be smaller, the area between the two outer mountain ranges.

Style
    I'm open to various styles but would be partial to highly readable maps that could be used for planning routes and traversal in the game.
    The climate of the area is cool wet winters with hot dry summers. The rains come from the southern sea or the occasional heavy rains that manage to get over the eastern (rightward) mountain range. To the north is the continental mass that doesn't get much rain. The rivers are fed by the copious autumnal/winter/spring rainfall that permeates the ground and stored up in the many mountain ranges.

Process
    I'd like to find a cartographer based on style and budget then I can share more maps and the names of landmarks, settlements, etc. I'd would require the opportunity for review and comment on draft. Timeline is flexible, 1 month would be fine.

Contact
    Aux
    aux map (at) proton (dot) me

Setting, Story and Themes
    The setting is fantasy with elements of magic and early industry with unique cultural and religious mythos. The land is comprised of slumbering primordials of raw creation energy. There have been several tectonic events in history where these primordials have had waking dreams and rearranged the lands, dragging shorelines up the mountains or plunging valleys underground. I'd encourage creative suggestions of events that might manifest as features on the map. Another example is where ruins of a city district can be found in the under city caverns below the city that continues to grow at top the land that subsumed it.

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to hearing from you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20231229_045302915.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	136811

Guild Journeyer

Hello Aux, I might be able to help you with your project. You can find my work at:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

Feel free to contact me via any of the pages or at

endi (dot) oblak93 (at) gmail (dot) com

Quote Originally Posted by AuxMapper View Post
    Budget is around $100 USD per map upon completion. Open to offers. Can pay by venmo, PayPal, or Zelle.
    I'm flexible on my budget from 100 upwards. Let me know your rate if you're interested.

Hello! Take a look go my pages. We can talk about your project, feel free to mail me

I would be very interested in this project feel free to message me on my website here or directly at ralarismaps (at) g mail dot com.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Map

Hi, I'm interested in making these maps for you.

It sounds like you have a great vision and I can't wait to get more details to bring it to life.

Here is my email: 918craftsandmaps@gmail.com

I'll attach some maps that I'm currently working on to show you my style.

Hope to hear from you soon.

918 Crafts & Maps Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PostingPhoto3.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	3.70 MB 
ID:	136995Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PostingPhoto2.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	136996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PostingPhoto1.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	136997