Thread: Testing Town

Map Testing Town

Well, I finally finished this map which I've been working on these past few days, more to get a standard mapping process down more than anything. It's not exactly the most polished thing in the world but at least it's done for now. I think next time I definitely need to make the temples bigger (the hexagon shapes), the barn perhaps a lot larger (the big rectangle), and the mills a lot large and more elaborate. They seem a bit dinky. There's a bunch of other details which I've probably missed. But still, it was fun. Scale is 1 pixel = 1 foot.

Juno

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Testing Town.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	4.77 MB 
ID:	136823

Am I right in assuming this takes inspiration from the Harn style maps? I always really liked those.

I think it looks good, but I think your drop shadow is too heavy on the trees. Also the lines would look better anti-aliased unless the pixel look is intentional. I don't know what software you are using though.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Yeah, it takes some really pretty heavy inspiration! I pretty much always use either GIMP or Worldographer these days, although I only ever really use the latter for regional maps. I'll make some changes to my process and see what I can get out of it. Thanks for the advice!