Thread: New around here

Info New around here

Hey,

so I'm new to this place. Found some incredible stuff on DeviantART from people, who also publish here. I really liked that there is a forum still running - despite the usual difficulties these days.

I've drawn maps ever since I was a child. One of my first concentrated around drawing what I deemed realistic dwarf cities, as I didn't like the portrayal of Moria in The Lord of the Rings. It did include way less hall-y areas and far more rooms and quarters.

I write Fantasy and SciFi and use maps and other illustrations to help me orientate in my worlds. So far, I'm drawing by hand or use the +Version of Inkarnate. I've seen reference to other software around here a lot. But I won't so right now.

Regards
    Instabula

Welcome Instabula! Looking forward to seeing some of your maps!

Hi, Instabula!
    Look I am also new here, and I can say this place is always busy, if you go to the discord server the place is also running. I bet you fin get along. Now, I am totally a dwarf fan, they are by far my favorite fantasy people, did I found someone like that too?
    Looking foward to see your work and learn with you too.

Thanks for joining us on the classic, OG style forum! <3 We look forward to seeing your maps!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Instabula View Post
    Hey,

so I'm new to this place. Found some incredible stuff on DeviantART from people, who also publish here. I really liked that there is a forum still running - despite the usual difficulties these days.

I've drawn maps ever since I was a child. One of my first concentrated around drawing what I deemed realistic dwarf cities, as I didn't like the portrayal of Moria in The Lord of the Rings. It did include way less hall-y areas and far more rooms and quarters.

I write Fantasy and SciFi and use maps and other illustrations to help me orientate in my worlds. So far, I'm drawing by hand or use the +Version of Inkarnate. I've seen reference to other software around here a lot. But I won't so right now.

Regards
    Instabula
    ::Hail, Instabula::

Your comment on my "blog that never came to be" earlier, today, roused me from my slumber.

Purely by chance, I recently began trying to compile a list of different mapping resources, primarily mapping software. You may or may not be interested in it, but just yesterday, I tried to go in and place the bulk of it into alphabetical orders. It can be found here, if you want to browse it:

https://forums.playbymail.dev/showth...837&pid=138762

Not sure if you will find it to be of any use or not.

Charles