Thread: Victorian-style Decorative Borders and Custom Character Sheets needed

Default Victorian-style Decorative Borders and Custom Character Sheets needed

Subject
    Hello, and thank you for reading my very first post in this forum! I'm launching a Kickstarter RPG supplement soon, and have been looking for an artist to create some decorative page borders and character sheets with a Victorian style. I can find thousands of character portrait artists (and have been very lucky to secure commissions from some talented ones), but it's been very difficult to find anyone who can create hand-drawn decorative borders and character sheets. I found a very skilled artist/cartographer online and she's booked solid through the year. She recommended I come here to find what I'm looking for -- so here I am!

Specifically, I'm looking for the following:
    • Victorian-style, decorative page borders for inclusion around the edges of each of the pages in the book
    • Victorian-style decorated character sheets for each of the custom classes we provide in the book (we will, of course, provide details regarding what elements need to be on which sheets, etc.)

Style
    As mentioned in the title and in the subject, this a request for Victorian-style assets. This RPG supplement is based on an island that has developed an early-Victorian culture and technology. As part of creating that "feel", I'd like to incorporate some Victorian-looking assets into the book pages themselves, as well as in the custom character sheets that we'll need to develop. I'll likely use the decorative borders around the entirety of each page, as well as potentially around call-out boxes and other section markers.

Quality & Size
    Ideally, I'm looking for some hand-drawn elements that are high-resolution, vector-based, with transparent backgrounds.

Time Constraints
    We're in "pre-launch" mode right now for the Kickstarter, with a plan to officially launch in early February. Nevertheless, these elements won't have to be finished by then, and we can work them into the finished product as soon as they're ready.

Copyright
    These page elements will be included on each page of the book, and will be especially prominent on the character record sheets. They'll be a core part of the "look and feel" of the book, so will become part of the product's identity. The products will be sold commercially via a Kickstarter initially, and afterward via online storefronts. As such, we'll need the following:
    • The right to sell the assets commercially
    • The copyright to the assets, so we can use, modify/resize, print, reproduce, duplicate (etc.) the assets as needed, as a part of the product

The artist will retain the right to exhibit the images as part of their portfolio, but not to exploit them for commercial gain or use them for other clients' projects.

Portfolio and Rates Needed
    If you're interested in this project, I'd really like to see some of your existing work (even if it's decorative borders around maps you've drawn). I'd also love to get an idea of what you'd charge for both parts of this project, realizing that custom character sheets will take a lot more time to put together than page borders. We can discuss those details when we get in touch!

Contact Details
    Please contact mike--at--skewedmind.com (remove the -- and convert "at" to @)

Hi there!

Just dropping a quick note here to say that I might be interested. While I mainly work as a cartographer, I am also a graphic designer, so layout and logo design are both something I have experience and interest in.

You can find some samples of my mapping work on my website linked below in my signature, but I appreciate most of that work doesn't really show the kind of design you are most likely primaly interested in (although some of my maps do have decorative borders). I'm unfortunately away from my office at the moment but will be back in a few days, so I can send you some samples of previous works then, if you are still interested.

This sounds like something I'd really love to do, so hopefully we can work something out!

Talk more soon,

Rik, a.k.a. Kellerica
    Last edited by Kellerica; 01-25-2024 at 07:50 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

(replying to your email outside of the forum)

To others: I will update the post status if the opening is filled!

Default Commission Taken - Thanks for the Responses!

Hello again, all! I can't figure out how to edit the original post subject to update this commission as taken, so posting it in a reply instead.

I've engaged with a person in the forum to address this request! Thanks again to everyone who expressed interest.

Kind regards,
    Mike O'Connor