Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TTRPGs

Default TTRPGs

Do you play them if so which ones you like most/less?

LOL "allow me to tell you about my character..."

I've been gaming since the 70s. My favorite games are 1st edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, "Classic" 1981 Traveller, 1st edition Warhammer Fantasy RP, 2nd edition Runequest, FASA Star Trek, and Call of Cthulhu (any edition other than the current 7e).

I've been blogging about gaming and my experiences over the years at https://themichlinguide.wordpress.com/

EDIT: Oh sorry, forgot to say what my least-favorites are! Well, pretty much other editions of the games I do like best! I get so tired of "edition wars," and I don't want to play one of the re-writes instead of the game I like. Beyond that, I dislike GURPS, Rolemaster/MERPS, Dying Earth, Troika, the Modiphius 2d20 rules, Shadowrun, Dragonquest, Chivalry & Sorcery; pretty much the overly-crunchy or storyteller games. Or the ones where you have to roll handfuls of dice, then pick out all the successes.

D&D Basic, AD&D 1e and 2e, Hero Systems 4e and 5e, Chivalry and Sorcery, Runequest, Dragonquest, Traveler, TORG, Psi-World, and a few others that I can't recall off the top of my head. The thing is, each system has its good and not so good features, so trying to pick a best and worst is something I tend to avoid.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

It really depends on what you're after, Naima!

Do you want lots of rules or as few as possible? Do you want to use it for something you want to publish for money or is it just for your home game? What genre do you want to play in? And so on...

There are lots of considerations to take into account. So tell us a bit more why you want to know.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I've played a little DnD 5e, but BFRPG will always be my first love.

Default Ttrpg

Been playing since red box basic dnd. 3.5 edition and palladium rifts are favs. I've played so many over the years

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I've been playing entirely too much DnD 5E the last couple of years. Back in the day I loved Ars Magica and Shadowrun (unfortunately haven't played either one in 15+ years). Recently I've started playing Band of Blades and it is AWESOME.

Ohhh, I'm playing d&d 3.5 since 2019, but before that I played ars magica for a couole of years. (my favourite ttrpg).

My first RPG experiences were with Palladium and AD&D as a kid. Didn't really play TTPRGs in highschool and college but picked back up with D&D 3.5 and then Pathfinder in the early 2000's. Became disenchanted with the these more contemporary versions of the game toward the late 2000's and wanted to find a rules engine that was more flexible, less crunchy and was quick and easy to learn and play. That's when I stumbled upon the OSR and fell in love with B/X and then BECMI. I've played several other games (e.g. Conan, Star Wars, World of Darkness), and enjoy them, but my true love is older games and their retro clones. I'm actually in the early stages of writing a BECMI / Rules Cyclopedia clone myself.

Cheers,
    Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    My first RPG experiences were with Palladium and AD&D as a kid. Didn't really play TTPRGs in highschool and college but picked back up with D&D 3.5 and then Pathfinder in the early 2000's. Became disenchanted with the these more contemporary versions of the game toward the late 2000's and wanted to find a rules engine that was more flexible, less crunchy and was quick and easy to learn and play. That's when I stumbled upon the OSR and fell in love with B/X and then BECMI. I've played several other games (e.g. Conan, Star Wars, World of Darkness), and enjoy them, but my true love is older games and their retro clones. I'm actually in the early stages of writing a BECMI / Rules Cyclopedia clone myself.

Cheers,
    Arsheesh
    Tad, you're a brother in my heart ! The OSR scene brought me back to gaming life and I'm astonished daily by the vitality of the indie/OSR/FKR world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast