Thread: January/February 2024 Challenge: The development of the Stronghold of Kefel

Wip January/February 2024 Challenge: The development of the Stronghold of Kefel

Hi, here I'm going with my specialty: strongholds and fortifications.

The stronghold of Kefel was once ago a town conquered to the pirates (that used this ideal location in the middle of the continent's coast to hijack our commercial ships).

After the conquest, we fortified it and used as a base to patrol the sea (left map).

With the development of gunpowder weapons, it has acquired successive expansions to the first defenses, and has expanded a bit in population and extension (right map).
    However, it remains a military naval base, and has the facilities needed to maintain the patrolling vessels. (I need to add the dock and a tiny shipyard).

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IdeaPpal.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	487.4 KB 
ID:	137019

I was thinking of using a mixed approach. Now I have the basic idea, I'll print the geography and the coast, and draw over that the fortifications, paths and buildings.
    Last edited by 4maram; 02-08-2024 at 07:59 AM.

This is a really cool idea! Forts have quite an appeal or some kind of fascination I think. Like who didn't liked to play as fort defensor/builder as a child? Or those movies where a a small amount of troops are able to hold back against a larger army... anyway, good and promising idea

Looking great! Can't wait to see farther developments.

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt