Thanks a lot D

Ok, a bit more advancement here.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0 copie.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	137205

The background is set, some dark in overlay on the sea for contrast and a bit of blue because I'll fiddle some more with the blue I guess. I also need to draw the torn parchment border and figure out a way to fade the map features properly at the edges (that last part is a job for later).

I've placed a handful of secondary compasses at the rhumb nodes and will let the main compass stew a bit more in my head before I tackle it but you can expect a skull somewhere.

I've got a couple of secondary compasses that are partially concealed by the land and I'm at odds with myself here. I've placed them and clipped the parts that are under the land. In some places, it works well enough. In others, not so well. Browsing through my documentation (the French National Library published a marvelous book on marine charts) I saw that the cartographers of old just didn't bother or just added them everywhere, even on land but with a detailed fantasy map, this is nnot an option. While I take inspiration in those maps of yore, I fully inted to add my twist but I wonder :

1- should I keep the concealed compasses ?
    2- should I remove them and don't worry that the placement are uneven ?
    3- keep some loose the more problematics ?

Any input from you, fellows, is welcome here.

Also, the red streaks on the land are the basis for my mountains but you can expect many branching in that department.

Hope you like it and, as usual, any critic or comment is welcome (I missed sharing my WIPs around here).

Cheers !
    Last edited by ThomasR; 03-14-2024 at 11:11 AM.