Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
Something to keep in mind, as well, is that at a "global" level, only the larger "nooks and crannies" will be noticable. Secondly, if you could give us an idea of your current wil ur process someone (Waldronate in particular) might be able to offer advice/suggestions that will help you get closer to what you are envisioning. Lastly, for a first map/post, I will echo what Peter said, well done so far.
heyhey so i am rn using a modified approach to the process outlined here: https://worldbuildingpasta.blogspot....part-viic.html
basically i first drew up a grayscale hightmap with 255 levels.
I smooth he hightmap out so you dont have these steep terraces
I then load it into wilburg and scale it accordingly.

The guy in the tutorial provided a script, so i ran that however i encountered some issues, namly the script breaks right at the beginning
so i can only run it partially without the priliminary step (its outlined under section automated Wilbur). The results are finish but are very leaking
in the coast areas and somehow the entire results are very smooth and roundish.

I tried to add some noise, then incise flow and then 3 passes of erosion but the erosion i was using is really agressively lowering my mountains. Sadly its really hard for me to properly understand what this script is really doing (or not in my case lol) which is also a reason why i came here.

My goal would be to get a more detailed coastline, especially islands and less "roundish smooth festures" that currently dominate my lowlands.

and thanks a lot for the feedback!