Thread: March/April/May '24 Lite Challenge: Borrower's Pass

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wip March/April/May '24 Lite Challenge: Borrower's Pass

Greetings All. I don't qualify for the challenge, but I'm putting in a map anyways.

Again, all in Inkarnate, as I am learning about its capabilities and limits. Also, another Azora map. Borrower's Pass is a mountain pass through the Thundercall Mountains and is the natural barrier between the Arn Empire and the northern hinterlands of barbarian tribes (orc and human). The town itself has changed hands many times over the years, it is the one barrier that bars the quickest access to either territory. Before the signing of the Rhozain Accords, it was a hotly contested village, it is now occupied by the dwarves of Evermount, who maintain a neutral presence at the pass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New map3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	968.2 KB 
ID:	137272

Still working with the standard stamps. I envisioned sort of rising cliff faces on each side of a pass... walled on each side, fortified. I was figuring 20' per square on this one. Maybe even 10" not sure yet ...

Badger.
    I noticed I just automatically sign Badger instead of Del ... I've been going by Badger for so many years, that's just... who I am now.
    Last edited by Badger; 03-23-2024 at 04:19 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Hey hey

If you are going for a Non-entry, remove the "latest WIP" tag. It causes the image scraper to pick your map up for the challenge.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Hey hey

If you are going for a Non-entry, remove the "latest WIP" tag. It causes the image scraper to pick your map up for the challenge.
    Thank you. LOL, just used to putting that ol' wip tag in there...

I'm so old kids, I remember when we had to manually type it in... up hill, both ways.

Badger

Blog Entries

I could change your handle to badger if you wanted. But those of us old enough on the guild all know you as Del. But if you want to make a new break here with badger then I can do that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New map3 (1).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	137297

So, until I dig my Wacom out, I'm stuck with a mouse. Using Inkarnate with a mouse isn't too bad, but a pen and tablet would be better. I say all this, because of the repetitive pattern seen in, what's supposed to be the sides of a mountain top., but the copy & paste of the cliff walls are very apparent. If I had my Wacom, I could just use textures and the brush to make the mountains on each side. So, now I have to figure out how to get the repetitive pattern out, without having to place a hundred different stamps on each side. Always open to suggestions on approaches to this, but I usually figure something out in the end. So please, advice is welcome.

Happy Mapping.
    Badger

Welcome to the Challenge Del/Badger! Thanks for joining in on the fun!
    I have had an Inkarnate account for a few years, but haven't used it in over a year so I don't really know how to deal with the repeat patterns.