Thread: Paper / Background Color

Default Paper / Background Color

In the great tradition of "boxers or briefs", what are your preferred color codes for map backgrounds...Sepia, Old Paper, etc. in the RGB color codes? Name it if you like.

I didn't see a survey area, so apologies if I missed it.

I don't have a specific code, I usually just open up a few parchments, layer them together with blend modes, and color pick something off of the texture sandwich if I need a flat parchment color to work with. I usually don't, it usually has no flat base visible and is all done based off of scans of various paper stock I've collected over the years. Combining these sets the mood of the work!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Default Color Picker

Indeed! Having actual samples to scan and mix as needed is nice! You could use your color picker of choice to catalog the RGB values as your preferred colors to set that special mood.

My goal in this is to get some preferred library of colors to produce digital samples in howto's and instruction material for maps...show alternative background colors and related colors to demonstrate how that affects the mood of the map, etc.