Thread: Ivorell - Hand-drawn D&D Campaign Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Thank you all

@Naeddyr: well, map-wise they are, I suppose. Wether they like the rest of my DM-ing remains to be seen. It's a group I've only played in and I haven't been the Dungeon Bastard in like... 6 years or something

@Gandwarf: hee, een landgenoot The map took me many, many hours, but how many of those were actually spent doing something productive, I don't know. I have a bad habit of allowing MSN to distract me. *whistles*

@Ramah: ah well... I cheated on the labels I downloaded a font I like, then printed labels in various sizes, which I then put over my map and traced with a sharp 5H pencil. This made a little 'dent' in the paper (is that what I should call it?) which I then traced again in HB pencil and if I liked it again with a pen.
    A bit of work, but it's worth it. And after a while you simply get the hang of it so you can write the labels in pencil straight away. Just draw a few guidelines first

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Looks great, and the extra work in the labeling dept. definitely paid off!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Heey, Nederlanders . *zwaait*

Great map. All the elements work well together and are well done, I especially like the mountains.

Most impressive.
    Regards,

Jim

My Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

@All: thanks! ^_^
    @Horki: I used 2H to draw a grid and lightly sketch the mountains and the positions of the forests and rivers. I'm not sure how floppy standard floppy A3 is, but I used 160 gr/m^2 paper. I have absolutely no idea how standard that is!

Mind= BLOWN.

Guild Novice

I love this map! If you get a scanner and would like to do another one like it for a small commission, please see http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...5340#post95340

Praise Beautiful!

This is beautiful! Do you draw all your maps by hand?