Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIMP experts? Horribly crashy and slow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've been having problems with GIMP crashing too, with only minor operations running. I have seen the topic come up over at the GIMP forums, and from what I can tell, it seems to be a fairly common issue with ver. 2.6.6. Several folk have posted, as well as myself. So far the GIMP lords haven't seen fit to address it in any of the threads I saw. Hopefully they have taken note and are taking steps to fix it in 2.6.7. In the meantime, if you can get your hands on 2.6.5, over at sourceforge or somewhere else that hosts it, that might help. Hope so!

Hm, that's helpful. At least I'm not alone. I kicked the resolution down on my image and left it at that, since I was planning on eventually vectorizing it in Inkscape and editing there (I've already done this, actually). I would have been happier to preserve more detail than re-create it, but whatever. For what I'm doing now I'm not unhappy. Before I use GIMP for anything intensive, though, I need to figure this out or get a patch, when offered. I already checked my environment preferences and changed them to correspond to my system; I ran it with my virus/spyware programs set to "gamer mode", and that probably helped too. What irks me is it was NOT a large file to begin with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12