Quote Originally Posted by Talroth View Post
I've always wondered why cell doors in Science Fiction are always something that fails when the power goes off.

What ever happened to good old METAL doors and bars? Like really, a metal door, with a metal lock bar, does NOT easily open if someone trips the wrong breaker.
That's a good point and one I'm going to think about.

But I like the layout for the most part, but I think you should be able to cram far more criminals in there.
I could see anywhere from 2 - 3 prisoners per cell. I assume slavers would fill the cells to max capacity. The cells are 5 ft wide and about 7 - 8 ft long. In the final write-up, I will probably include a range of prisoner capacity (i.e. 50 - 100 prisoners).

My personal favorite method for holding inmates for sci-fiction transit is in small life support pods. Stack them in like cord wood, and if anyone manages to get too wound up in their small coffin sized cells, then just lower their life support levels till they go back to sleep.
My wife mentioned about putting all prisoners to sleep in cryogenic pods but I mentioned that the power requirements were too high and expensive and it was cheaper to treat the prisoners as rodents in a cage. I picture this prisoner transport ship as having various security measures set up including gas flooding the cell block rending all unconscious.