Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

This is as good a place as any for my first post.

For the last few years, I've been mostly running Exalted. Prior to that I was a devoted Shadowrun fan. Before that were two killer campaigns with the same crew, one diceless, one 2nd Ed D&D game. Before that I was a Battletech/Mechwarrior junkie. Before that was an odd mix of Top Secret, Star Frontiers and Gamma World. A smattering of other games occurred throughout: In Nomine, Unknown Armies, Earthdawn, Heroes Unlimited, octaNe, Blue Planet, some homebrew stuff and a bit of d20.

I'm in my late thirties now, and have been playing since I was about 12.

Prior to seeing this site, I was under the impression that I was a passable map maker. I now see I have quite a bit to learn. I look forward to it.

Welcome to the community Wordman!! I have wanted to play or be te Storyteller for Exalted for a long time. I have the core books and a couple others. I tried to join in a game so that I could get a sense of the setting and how to run it, but the ST was horrible and I left before I even started. I collected the comic for its couple issue run, but it ended before it got started. I tried the sample adventure from WW's website, but my group didn't really enjoy it. One of these days I suppose...

I also really wanted to give Shadowrun a college try, but the only gm I could find was horrible and his group and my group just didn't mesh very well. What little we played was fun though.

Of your other games, I've played Top Secret, Gamma World, Heroes Unlimited, D&D, and a few different d20 games. It sounds like you prefer the more 'eclectic' games.

As for the map making, we are here to help and will do what we can to help.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Welcome, Wordman!

I'm glad to see more Cyberpunk, SF players here! We're a little short in that department(Traveller is my current game of choice).

Looking forward to seeing your work and helping where I can.

Ravs

Post Primarily DnD

I've been playing since 1979 - D&D 1e, 2e, 10 year hiatus, 3.5. I've played: Runequest, Harn, Twilight 2000, Traveler, Space Opera, Aftermath, Call of Cthulu, HOL, Vampire (not LARP!), Werewolf, Paranoia...

But primarily D&D. Right now playing a lame game with a new DM, but some of it is OK, (he owns all the 3.x books - that's the only reason he's DM...)

Currently trying to build a D&D campaign on Eruvian.com with one of RichardB's maps - it lots of fun, lots of work though. Flavor - greek city-states and the Apocalypse! Orcs overrunning everything, half the land slid into the sea after earthquakes, etc, etc.

I'm 44, single with a german sheperd (Suiko) - she's my "daughter". I run the family business a digital graphics arts/printing studio, and getting my RPG Map POD shop going - gamer-printshop.com
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Sorry I didn't find this thread earlier. It's nice to learn a little more about all the great people here!

Let's see, currently I'm hoping to start a campaign for Colonial Gothic (by Rogue Games), a horror RPG set during the American Revolutionary War. I'm a very big fan of horror roleplaying games, especially Victorian Horror (like Masque of the Red Death). My systems of choice are d20 Modern (which I use for Dark*Matter) and True20 (Freeport), but I really like the new 12 Degrees system from Rogue Games for its simplicity. I still play Star Trek (Last Unicorn Games version) whenever I can. I've run Pulp era games using Adamant Entertainment's Thrilling Tales, and I intent to use their Imperial Age supplements to start a Masque of the Red Death Victorian horror game soon as well.

I'm in my 40s, divorced, and I have one son who is now in college. In real life my background is in nonprofit and arts administration specializing in arts education. Currently I work as a freelance grant writing consultant for public schools and cultural organizations in New York City. My other interests include baseball (GO YANKEES!), opera, theater and reading (anything and everything).

Quote Originally Posted by jaerdaph View Post
    Let's see, currently I'm hoping to start a campaign for Colonial Gothic (by Rogue Games), a horror RPG set during the American Revolutionary War. I'm a very big fan of horror roleplaying games, especially Victorian Horror (like Masque of the Red Death).
    This is a GREAT find--I really enjoyed looking over the system's wiki. My dream "pet project" has always been to write a Colonial sourcebook for GURPS--or, more likely, to co-write it, since I do not have sufficient solid history background, time, or nit-picky attention to detail to write it myself. My favorite idea for a setting: an alternate universe sort of colonial game where the New World is occupied by fantasy-esque creatures.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    The real horror would have been that the Brits won

You'd all be drinking tea now!

Ravs

Hahaha---and would our food be even worse than it is now? (Ex: Big Mac with brown sauce?)
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    My favorite idea for a setting: an alternate universe sort of colonial game where the New World is occupied by fantasy-esque creatures.
    Did you ever read Orson Card's Alvin Maker books? They're set a little later than the colonial age, but they assume that all of the superstitions of the 1700's are true. As is so often true with Card, the first couple of books are amazing, but he carries things a little too far as he goes along. Still, they're very clever, if a little heavy on the allegory at times.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Agreed Bryan, the first couple of Alvin maker books were great until he started flogging the idea to death (as he did with Ender's Game as well).

Another REALLY good read of alternate history is this era is 'Quicksilver' by Neal Stephenson.

cheers

Ravs

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast